Sunday, April 3, 2011

About My Term Research Paper

      My paper was about how new media has an impact on sports today. It basically goes into depth on how sports organizations are able to utilize the new media to give us consumers what we want, which is entertainment.  And it talks about how the sports consumers are using this new media to communicate with sport organizations giving them opinions and ideas on how to improve.
      So how did I do my research? For the most part, I search through the Baruch databases for any scholarly articles and any other articles related to my topic. I also use sites that I found through Google for additional information for my paper. With these articles, I learned that new media can send information at the rate that we have never seen before. Sports were once only known at the local level and today it has become popular worldwide.
       Why did I choose this topic? One reason is because I like to play sports, mainly basketball. And another reason is because it gives me an insight on what is going on between the fans and the business organizations and how it has continue to grow even at this point in time.My paper contributes to the field of "new media" because it is medium between the sport organizations and the fans and I find that without new media, we wouldn't be where we are today, sport players wouldn't be making as much money, and business organizations wouldn't be as successful.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment